The ancient settlement of Walton Cardiff is similar in building character and layout to Pamington. The winding single road that provides restricted access from the north and south to the village should in essence provide a safe and tranquil atmosphere throughout the settlement, however this road is also used as a cut through during busy traffic hours. Small areas surrounding Walton Cardiff are defined by the Tewkesbury Local Plan as being key wildlife sites identified for great crested newts and for containing traditional orchards.
The site is also defined as being a Scheduled Ancient Monument due to it being a deserted medieval village. Today pylons create urban focal points and the landform is generally undulating to flat. Although the surrounding fields are mostly pastoral, Walton Cardiff does encompass some arable fields. There is a distinctive barrier between what is urban and what is rural within the village, demonstrating an intimate and historic character that contrasts with much of the surroundings. The village is intersected by a number of popular footpaths and bridleways that provide access to surrounding areas.
Walton Cardiff achieved parochial independence from Tewkesbury in the 17th century. There is a good record of this and the history of Walton Cardiff covering the period from 1066 until the 1960s on the British History Online website 
At the time the BHO record was written there was still a church of St. James standing in Walton Cardiff...
This church was built in 1869, on or close by the sites of earlier churches dating back to 1249. Tewkesbury Abbey’s Elliot organ  was on loan to St James's church until 1963. This organ is now restored and back in Tewkesbury Abbey. St James's church was sold for demolition in 1975 and its site is now farmland . Here is a copy of a contemporary newspaper cutting…
 British History Online https://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/glos/vol8/pp236-242
 The national pipe organ register http://www.npor.org.uk/NPORView.html?RI=N12493
 Gloucestershire Paces of Worship http://churchdb.gukutils.org.uk/GLS519.php